NOTE: Since the Review feature is currently in beta, we're not aiming to migrate any data created previous to the official (non-beta) release to make changes to the feature easier for our development team.
The Widgetbook Cloud Review feature (currently in beta) allows teams to review added, changed or removed components.
The Review feature closely relates to reviews known from Pull-Requests.
For each Pull-Request, our new
widgetbook CLI analyzes the changes to your Widgetbook and creates a review.
Members of a frontend-team now can review each changed use-case in isolation and add comments for other team members.
Once all changes from the review are accepted, a developer closes the Pull-Request and the review's status gets updated to
For this to work, a webhook to our services is required.
To use Widgetbook Cloud Review your setup has to meet the following requirements:
widgetbook_generatorpackage in version
v3.0.0-beta.10(no special configuration required).
widgetbookpackage in version
v3.0.0-beta.11(no special configuration required).
- Use the
v3.0.0-beta.22CLI from the widgetbook_cli package. For instructions see Hosting.
- Setup a GitHub webhook
Setup Webhook (GitHub)#
A GitHub Webhook allows Widgetbook Cloud to receive information about changes within your repository.
Widgetbook Cloud can automatically set the state of a Review to
merged when a corresponding Pull-Request is
For this to work, you need to configure a webhook.
See Setting up a webhook for instructions on how to do this.
You need to meet the following requirements to setup a webhook to Widgetbook Cloud:
- Webhook Secret
- Repository Name
- Payload URL
Obtaining the Webhook Secret#
- Navigate to your project overview in Widgetbook Cloud, then the settings page.
- Click the
Get secretbutton within the webhook card.
- Enter your full repository name in the text field. It is important for the repository name to be in the format
- Click on
I understandand the secret will be copied into your clipboard.
Setting up the webhook#
- Go to https://github.com/user-name/repository-name/settings/hooks. Make sure to replace
repository-namewith your appropriate values.
- Paste your Widgetbook Cloud webhook secret into the
- Note that you will update the webhook secret every time you obtain a new webhook secret from your Widgetbook Cloud project settings as the old webhook secret will be deleted.
- Select when to trigger the webhook:
Send me everythingor
Let me select individual eventsand enable
Pushes. You can disable all other options.
- Enable the